Union Skills Courses (USC)
The National Labor College is now in its fourth decade of providing the highest quality education and training programs available for union members. This success is attributable to our excellent faculty, comfortable facilities, and the enthusiastic participation of union activists like you. Each year, thousands of members from virtually every union affiliated with the AFL-CIO attend one or more of our courses.
Since 1997, hundreds of working men and women have earned a Bachelor of Arts degree from NLC. The program is flexible and enables students to pursue a B.A. while continuing their trade union work.
Working with union partners, this degree program provides union members who have participated in apprenticeships and training programs with online access to the courses needed to earn a college degree.
There are several opportunities for graduate study:
- University of Baltimore Programs at NLC
- Master’s Degree in Public Administration (MPA)
- Master’s Degree in Legal and Ethical Issues (LEST)
- George Mason University, Master's Degree of Organization Development and Knowledge Management
- University of Massachusetts Master’s Degree in Union Leadership and Administration
NLC is committed to responding to the changing needs of the labor movement and the circumstances of individual union members with special programs.
The Southwest Organizing School offers labor classes in locations throughout the southwest, such as Santa Fe.
- Union Partnerships
- Joint Enrollment Agreements with other Colleges and Universities